Community Use of the RDF
Community Use of the RDF has been temporarily suspended due to Covid-19 restrictions. Please check back for additional updates.
The RDF is available to be used by non-profit civic, cultural and educational groups and organizations whose missions benefit the purposes of the RDF or Town-related activities. Please fill out this request form and send it to email@example.com.
Use of the site is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Requests to use the RDF facility must be made in writing to the Director of Public Works or a designee. Requests will be granted in the order in which they are received, with the goal of making the Facility available to as many different groups as possible.
2. The request must be signed by an adult (18 years or older) who is a resident of Wellesley, and who assumes full responsibility for the conduct of the event and its participants.
3. If the request is approved, a Release and Waiver form will be sent to the user group. This must be signed by all participants and returned to the Director prior to the event.
4. Use of the Facility is only available during regular RDF hours of operation.
5. Activities must not conflict with RDF operations. The RDF Superintendent or his designee shall determine the location(s) within the Facility that are available for use; these locations are subject to change at any time as RDF operations may require. All vehicles associated with the user group must be able to be moved by the user group at any time upon request of RDF staff. No vehicle may be left at the RDF without its driver on site.
6. The User Group MUST check in with the RDF Supervisor and show the written approval from the Director or a designee prior to undertaking any activity at the RDF. The written approval shall remain onsite in the possession of the User Group at all times.
7. All events held at the RDF must be open to all Wellesley residents and no admission fee may be charged.
8. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted anywhere at the RDF; smoking is not permitted in any RDF building.
9. The Department of Public Works reserves the right to cancel the use of the Facility by the User Group at any time if RDF operations or the safety of the public so require. The Department will give as much notice as possible.
10. Failure by the User Group to adhere to this policy will be cause for cancellation of future use of the RDF and/or suspension of current use of the RDF.