The Recycling and Disposal Facility (RDF) is holding a document destruction event on Sunday, May 16.
Bring sensitive materials to be shredded on site from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This event is for Wellesley residents only and the following safety procedures are in place this year:
- The vehicle must have a valid RDF sticker, or be driven by a Wellesley resident.
- All vehicle occupants must be wearing a face covering.
- Stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Documents must be clearly marked or distinguished (in a brown paper bag or disposable cardboard box) in the TRUNK of the vehicle. No documents will be taken from the passenger seat, middle seats, or rear seats of a vehicle. Documents may also be placed in the bed of a pickup, in a trailer, or in the rear most section of a van.
- All documents are acceptable but NO binders, plastic folders, or metal can go through the shredding machine.
- Documents will be moved by RDF staff and/or staff of the shredding company.
- Documents are securely destroyed on site in a mobile shredding truck. Please note: residents can NOT bring home material after it is shredded.