Priority is given to Wellesley residents age 60 and over. If space permits, non-Wellesley residents age 60 and over are welcome to participate. Individuals under age 60 are invited to participate if space permits. If a certain program is restricted to Wellesley residents only, it will be noted in the description. Please note that many of our programs require pre-registration.
Programs that do not attain the minimum enrollment will be cancelled one business day in advance of the scheduled start date. Full tuition will be refunded. We reserve the right to reschedule or change classes. You will be called if your class is cancelled, otherwise, plan on attending.
Make Up Classes
One potential make-up date will be agreed upon by instructors and staff for all fee-based programs that run several consecutive weeks. All students will have this information prior to registration. No refunds will be given if you cannot attend the make-up class. Make up dates/times may differ from the regularly scheduled class day/time.
You are encouraged to register as soon as possible. Programs are filled on a first come, first served basis. We do not “hold” spots. Once a program fills, you may call or visit the COA to be added to the waiting list. For programs requiring pre-registration and/or fee-based programs, drop-ins are not permitted. To check your waitlist status, please call the COA.
- Full Refund will be given for a cancelled class.
- Refunds will be issued when COA staff is notified prior to the start of the second scheduled class. The refund amount will be equal to the total of the remaining classes. No exceptions will be made.
One-time Only Program Refund (less than $20.00)
- Full refund if you contact the COA one business day prior.
One-time Only Program Refund (more than $20.00)
- Refund minus a $5.00 administrative fee if you notify the COA one business day prior.
Day Trip Refund
- Refund policies for day trips will be clearly stated on all publicity materials for each individual trip (e.g. COA newsletter, day trip flyer, and newspaper article).Therefore, refunds will be issued only when in compliance with the stated refund policy. Refund policies will always state, “no refund issued after X date.”
Program Specific Refund Policy
- Please note that there may be a specific refund policy for a particular program. The specific policy information will be noted in the program description.
All individuals who participate in fitness programs offered by the Wellesley COA are required to sign our Exercise Release and Participant Agreement. Forms will be distributed on the first class date (for group classes) or membership start date (for fitness room). Forms must be reviewed and updated annually.
All COA activities (day and evening) will be cancelled when Wellesley Public Schools are closed. The COA bus will not run when Wellesley Public Schools are closed. If Wellesley Public Schools have a delayed opening, all COA programs WILL STILL START at their regularly scheduled time, unless you are informed otherwise. Additionally, information about class cancellations, delayed starts, etc. will be clearly stated on the outgoing voicemail message of the COA. Call 781-235-3961 after 8:00 a.m. to hear detailed information. Information will also be posted on our website at www.wellesleycoa.org
All are welcome to enjoy coffee and tea on the first floor of the Tolles Parsons Center. Only water is permitted on the 2nd floor.
Participant Photograph Policy
Periodically, the COA photographs/videotapes program participants for promotional use. Unless participants informs us of their desire not to be photographed, the COA will use photographs/videotapes for promotional purposes
*These policies are subject to revision and will be reviewed at least annually.
As a courtesy to all of our participants, when using perfumes or body lotions, we ask you to be mindful of those with allergies and sensitivities to fragrances.
Scholarship Funds Available:
Funds may be available to subsidize or pay for COA classes, activities or trips for Wellesley residents. Call the COA for more information.
Tolles Parsons Center Parking:
Should you find the TPC parking lot to be full upon your arrival, there are usually spots available along both sides of Washington Street in front of the center. TPC visitors are welcome to park in these spaces.