Trinity Financial’s Community Meeting had a great turnout on Tuesday, June 18th with over 120 residents. Trinity Financial reviewed the proposed redevelopment of the Tailby and Railroad parking lots on either side of the Wellesley Square commuter rail station. Representatives from Trinity Financial reviewed the community feedback they had captured over the past several weeks as well as answered questions and took notes on all comments.
To allow Trinity Financial time to prepare responses to the questions and concerns raised during the listening tour and the Community Meeting, the Board of Selectmen will defer a meeting with Trinity Financial until later in the summer, likely either July 30th or August 13th. Trinity will be working towards additional Community Meetings in September/October.
Wellesley Media taped the meeting and it should be available in the next few days at www.wellesleymedia.org. The meeting presentation is also available to view online.
Planning for this development project began more than a year ago. A detailed timeline of the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for the Tailby/Railroad project is available on the Town of Wellesley website.
In November 2018, the Board of Selectmen voted to select Trinity Financial from the six RFP respondents as the developer and began negotiations for a ground lease on the Tailby and Railroad parking lots.
Trinity's plans include:
- An appropriately scaled development of 90 units, half of which are homeownership units
- 450 parking spaces, including 293 replacement parking spaces for commuters and visitors
- 200-seat black box theater and art gallery space for community art events with the Wellesley Arts Alliance and others
- New ADA accessible commuter rail platform and elevators up to street level
- Estimated $1 million annually in new property tax revenue