All dogs in Wellesley must be licensed by the Town Clerk's office. Residents can now apply for 2019 dog licenses online through the town's new ViewPoint Cloud system. Please note the following information for registering online:
- Rabies Certificate & expiration date of your dog(s) rabies vaccine is required.
- Debit or credit card is needed to make your online payment. There is a small processing fee. (If preferred, payment by check is still available with online registration)
- Each dog will need a separate application, but you will use your same account.
- You will register as a new user.
- Location for Dog License Application is your home location where your dog will be registered.
- After you confirm and submit your application, you will receive an email with a copy of your license. Your dog tag will be mailed to you after your application is processed at the Town Clerk’s office.
- You will receive an email to renew online next year.
The Clerk's Office is encouraging residents to submit applications online.
Residents still have the option to register their dog by mail or at Town Hall. Complete the registration form, include the appropriate license fee (checks payable to Town of Wellesley), a copy of current rabies vaccination paperwork and a self-addressed stamped envelope and either mail to: Dog Licenses, 525 Washington Street, Wellesley, MA 02482 or bring to the Town Clerk's Office (1st Floor), Wellesley Town Hall.
Dog licenses are issued annually; all dogs must be registered by March 30, 2019.
Bylaws and regulations for dogs in Wellesley are enforced by the Animal Control Officer.