The October 2022 Special Town Meeting is dissolved.
On Monday, October 24 Town Meeting members took action on eight articles - there was no motion on Article 5 - and completed discussions and voting in one night.
Among the articles approved by Town Meeting members were:
- Article 2, which appropriates $23 million to fund the interior renovation of Wellesley Town Hall;
- Article 3, Motion 1, which increases funding for workers' compensation claims;
- Article 6, which allows the Town to widen Hardy Road to include left and right turn lanes as part of the Hardy School building project;
- Article 8, which rescinds $3.4 million in unused, borrowed funds; and
- Article 9, which allows the Town to sell a DPW truck and crane that is no longer used, and return the proceeds to the general fund.
Details on the specific votes are available on the Town of Wellesley website.
Next up, 2023 Annual Town Meeting which begins on Monday, March 27 and is expected to take place in-person at Wellesley Middle School.