Get updates and share your thoughts on the proposed Wellesley Square Redevelopment project.
The community is invited to a review and feedback session for Trinity Financial's proposed redevelopment of the Tailby and Railroad parking lots on either side of the Wellesley Square commuter rail station.
The session will take place on Tuesday, June 18 from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Wellesley Community Center (219 Washington St.). Refreshments will be served.
Representatives from Trinity Financial want to hear your questions and ideas to create a unified and dynamic plan for the future of Wellesley Square.
Planning for this development project began more than a year ago. A detailed timeline of the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for the Tailby/Railroad project is available on the Town of Wellesley website.
In November 2018, the Board of Selectmen voted to select Trinity Financial from the six RFP respondents as the developer and began negotiations for a ground lease on the Tailby and Railroad parking lots.
Trinity's plans include:
- An appropriately scaled development of 90 units, half of which are homeownership units
- 450 parking spaces, including 293 replacement parking spaces for commuters and visitors
- 200-seat black box theater and art gallery space for community art events with the Wellesley Arts Alliance and others
- New ADA accessible commuter rail platform and elevators up to street level
- Estimated $1 million annually in new property tax revenue
Please RSVP to the June 18 event by emailing email@example.com or calling 617-720-8400.
The Board of Selectmen will review the information shared at the feedback session during its regular meeting on Monday, June 24 at 7 PM in the Juliani Room at Town Hall.