2020 Special Town Meeting Articles
The 2020 Special Annual Town Meeting begins in the fall.
The Planning Board is sponsoring a number of articles that were originally included on the warrant for the 2020 Annual Town Meeting. For more information and to access the 2020 Annual Town Meeting warrant, refer to the Town Clerk’s Town Meeting page.
In addition to a brief description of the articles, this page includes supporting documents for those articles.
Mark Your Calendars!
Planning Board Public Hearing on Annual Town Meeting Articles
July 20, 2020 - 6:30 PM via Zoom (online remote meeting)
Continued to September 8, 2020 and September 21, 2020
See the public hearing notice.
Following the public hearing, the Planning Board will issue a report including recommendations on the articles that will be included in the Advisory Book and submitted to Town Meeting.
Planning Board Articles:
ARTICLE 29. To see if the Town will vote to establish a Historic District to be located at 323 Washington Street (Parcel ID 74-12) and to amend the Zoning Map of the Town of Wellesley by applying the Historic District Overlay Zoning District to said land (Co-sponsored by the Historic District Commission and the Historical Commission)
- 323 Washington Street Study Committee Final Report
- Map of 323 Washington Street proposed Single Building Historic District
ARTICLE 30. To see if the town will vote to correct the omission of the Large Scale Solar Overlay District in the list of districts in Section 1A of the Zoning Bylaw by amending Section 1A
ARTICLE 31. To see if the Town will amend the Zoning Bylaw to require Large House Review for single family dwellings, two-family dwellings, and Town Houses in the General Residence Districts
- Section 4, General Residence Districts, with Proposed Changes compared to May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
- Section 16D, Large House Review, with Proposed Changes compared to May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
ARTICLE 32. To see if the Town will vote to amend section 16E of the Zoning Bylaw to (1) clarify the intent and purpose of the bylaw, (2) require increased mitigation actions, (3) increase the scope of protected trees, (4) allow other factors to be included in determining contributions to the Tree Bank Fund, (5) conform to Article 55 of the Town’s General Bylaws, and (6) update the bylaw’s terminology (Co-sponsored by the Natural Resources Commission)
- Tree Bylaw with Proposed Changes
- Tree Bylaw with Proposed Changes compared to May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
- Section 16E, Tree Protection & Preservation, May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
ARTICLE 33. To see if the Town will vote to amend Section 16F, Natural Resource Protection (NRP) Development, of the Zoning Bylaw, to (1) increase flexibility in the design and layout of the lots within a NRP Development, (2) ensure that all such developments comply with lighting requirements in Section 16G, and (3) update terminology
- Section 16F with Proposed Changes
- Section 16F with Proposed Changes compared to May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
- Section 16F, Natural Resource Protection (NRP) Development, May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
ARTICLE 34. To see if the Town will vote to delete Section 22E of the Zoning Bylaw in its entirety, given the 2018 Annual Town Meeting vote under Article 28 to prohibit Marijuana Establishments
ARTICLE 35. To see if the Town will vote to amend the Zoning Bylaw to update statutory and regulatory references and associated changes resulting from the enactment of Chapter 55 of the Acts 2017
- Section 1B Definition of "Registered Marijuana Dispensary" with Proposed Changes compared to May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
- Section 25, Special Permit Granting Authority, with Proposed Changes compared to May 2019 Zoning Bylaw
Selected Other Articles:
ARTICLE 36. To see if the Town will vote to amend the Zoning Bylaw by revising Section 16C, Drainage Review, as needed to comply with the requirements of the current USEAP/MassDEP General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems in Massachusetts (the "MS4 Permit"), or to take any other action in relation thereto. (Board of Public Works)
- Section 16C with Proposed Changes
- Section 16C, Drainage Review, with Proposed Changes compared to existing Bylaw
- Section 16C, Drainage Review, May 2019 Zoning Bylaw