Business & Commercial Plans Submission
Business and Commercial Plans Submission
- Please submit two (2) sets of plans for review along with Fire Protection Narrative and Tier 1 Documents.
- Plans must be marked with the correct locations of all required devices. This is the responsibility of the applicant and will not be done by fire department personnel.
- Tier 2 Construction Documents for Fire Protection Systems is recommended along with Tier 1 plan submittal in accordance with 901.2.1 of the MA Amendments to the International Building Code 2009.
- The addition, removal, or alterations of fire protection devices or sprinklers will require a permit to be obtained from the fire department and the building department prior to the start of work.
- A copy of all licenses and credentials must be submitted when applying for a permit.
- Work requiring the disabling of the fire alarm system must be cooridinated with the fire department in advance. Building management must be notified when the system is disabled and when it is placed back online.
- No request for disabling the system will be honored prior to 7 am without apprioval of the Deputy Chief.
- All work must conform to:
- 527CMR 1.00, Massachusetts Comprehensive Fire Code (with MA amendments)
- 780CMR, MAssachusetts State Building Code, Eigth Edition (with MA amendments)
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC), 2009 Edition
- Any other applicable sections of national, state, or local codes and standards
- The provisions of subsection 901.5.1 of the MA Amendments to the IBC 2009, Eighth Edition, and (780 CMR, MA State Building Code) must be strictly adhered to.
- The Wellesley Fire Department reserves the right to require additional devices as necessary to ensure complete coverage.