Playing Fields Task Force & Field Applications
COVID - 19 Close Contact
Field users and players of their respective sports organization should follow close contact guidelines listed below.
Close contacts of confirmed cases are the people most likely to become infected themselves. To facilitate identification of infections, molecular testing is recommended for all close contacts regardless of symptom status.
• Close contacts, regardless of symptoms associated with COVID-19, should be tested as soon as possible after they are notified of their exposure to COVID-19.
• Testing should be done by PCR or other molecular test from a nasopharyngeal, nasal, or oral swab or a sputum sample. Serologic (antibody) testing is not appropriate for this use.
• Symptom-based testing should occur at any time during the contact’s 14-day quarantine period, even if the person previously had a negative test result within that same period.
• There should be a low threshold for determining if someone is symptomatic and new onset of any of the following symptoms—fever, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, shaking chills, headache, myalgia, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell—in a close contact should trigger testing.
• The contact is required to quarantine for the full 14 days, even following a negative test result.
• Close contacts may present a letter or a text from the MA COVID Team or a letter from a local Board of Health indicating the need for testing.
• Please refer to the website to find a convenient testing site https://www.mass.gov/infodetails/covid-19-testing#testing-sites
For more COVID - 19 information & best practices as it relates to close contacts, please view the School Department links below:
||Laurance Stuntz (Chair)|
|Natural Resources Commission
||Katie Griffith (Vice Chair)|
|Board of Public Works
||Jeffrey P. Wechsler|
|Board of Selectmen||Beth Sullivan Woods|
|Wellesley Youth Baseball/Softball||Ann Williams & Rick Kinney|
|Wellesley United Soccer||Ainsley Martin
|Wellesley Lacrosse||Jerry Nigro|
|Adult Softball||Jay Russell|
|Wellesley Youth Football||Brian Cullinan|
|Wellesley Scoops/Field Hockey||Kelly Uller|
Members serve at the pleasure of their respective board or user group, with the exception of the citizen at-large whose current term runs through July 1, 2020. The Recreation Commission, NRC, BPW, and SC are also represented by a staff member; however, these members are non-voting unless acting with appropriate board member proxy power.
The purpose of the Playing Fields Task Force is to manage town athletic fields. This will include use, maintenance and improvements of fields. The PFTF will also recommend specific actions to the appropriate town boards for their consideration. The PFTF acts consistent with the wishes of its responsible boards, namely the:
- Board of Selectmen
- Recreation Commission
- Board of Public Works
- Natural Resources Commission
- School Committee
A chair and vice chair shall be elected each year with a term to run from July 1 through June 30. The Recreation Commission staff shall serve as secretary.