- SINGLES PLAY limited to 75 minutes (Honor System)
- DOUBLES PLAY limited to 90 minutes (Honor System)
- When using the courts, please be respectful of those players who are waiting to use courts.
- Whenever there are players waiting, all players must vacate courts after playing for 75 minutes (singles) and/or 90 minutes (doubles)
- Winners shall have no prior rights to remain on the courts.
- Players waiting to use a court must indicate in some clear way to those using the courts that they are waiting to use the court.
- You may reserve times to play tennis at Hunnewell or Sprague here: https://www.playlocal.com/
Postponed Activities Due to special events or circumstances, the Town of Wellesley reserves the right to postpone activities in or around the Hunnewell Field Complex including the Hunnewell Tennis Courts.
Night Tennis & Tennis Light Tag HoldersTennis court lights are in operation 7 nights a week from July 8 through November 25, 2020 (updated 10/30/2020), from 6 - 9:30 pm. Use of the Hunnewell Tennis courts anytime after 6 pm, requires the purchase of a seasonal tennis tag. Revenue from tag sales offsets the cost of the lights. Please follow and abide by the Hunnewell Tennis Court Rules.
Tags by calling the Recreation Office, Monday - Friday from 8:30 to 4:00 pm. If you are an online user of Wellesley Recreation, tennis tags may be purchased online. You may use a copy of your online receipt until you receive your tags. All tags will be sent by mail.
For online registration, look for activity #555200.
| Tennis Tag Pricing
|Kids (17 & under)||$30||n/a|
In an attempt to make sure paying tag holders are able to use tennis courts at night, every tag holder will receive an "safety green" colored lanyard along with their tennis tag. When you arrive to the Hunnewell Tennis courts and find an open court, please take your lanyard/tag and loop the lanyard/tag around the Washington Street side fence closest to your desired court. This will show that you are a paying Tennis Tag holder and that you are using that respective court.
We hope this procedure will show who the paying Tennis Tag holders are without having to be confrontational to someone who is not. A Recreation Department employee will periodically check to ensure night time players have purchased a Night Time Tennis Tag. Please limit the number of balls used on your court. Please be respectful and refrain from using a ball hopper during peak times.
Night time tennis requires a tag. After 6 p.m. you must have a tennis tag issued by the Recreation Department. Purchase of Tennis Tags pays for the cost of operating the lights. We are always looking for feedback regarding this program, so please feel free to contact at your convenience.
No private lessons are to be taught. Refer to Use of Public Facilities for Private Gain policy. (Exceptions must be authorized by the Recreation Department.)