489 Worcester Street Project (formerly 8 Cliff Road)
Developers Victor Sheen and Peter Holland are proposing a new project along Route 9 West that would create multi-family units and townhomes, with a commitment that 20 percent of the units be income restricted (affordable). Originally named 8 Cliff Road, this project has evolved in response to community feedback and in addition to other changes, it has been renamed 489 Worcester Street.
The updated project details include:
- Preserving two existing homes at 4 Cliff Road & 14 Cliff Road to maintain neighborhood character.
- Creating two townhomes along Cliff Road.
- Reducing the overall project density to 48 units.
- Increasing the Cliff Road landscape buffer and preserving an open space wetland buffer.
- Adding 170+ feet of setback for the proposed Manor building from Cliff Road.
- Reorienting the Manor building lobby to provide direct access & drop off to Route 9 for all vehicles.
This development is in the preliminary phase and may require zoning modifications based on the final design in order to move forward. Residents will have multiple opportunities to review this proposal, share concerns, and give feedback. For information about the Town process and permitting for this proposed development, please see the list of 489 Worcester Street Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The Select Board office has created a notification list specifically for this project. Interested residents should subscribe to the 489 Worcester Street News Flash to receive emailed announcements, and frequently check this webpage for updated information.
The presentation documents below illustrate the project evolution.
- Developer presentation to Planning Board, July 24, 2023
- Developer presentation to the community, June 15, 2023
- Presentation to Select Board, May 2, 2023
- Presentation to Housing Development Corporation, March 16, 2023 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>