489 Worcester Street Project
Developers Victor Sheen and Peter Holland are proposing a new project along Route 9 West that would create a 45 unit multi-family dwelling in a single 90,000 square foot building with 90 spaces of underground parking, and a commitment that 20 percent of the units be income restricted (affordable).
This project has evolved in response to community feedback.
More information from the developers is on the 489 Worcester Street website.
The updated project details include:
- Preserving two existing homes at 4 Cliff Road & 14 Cliff Road to maintain neighborhood character along Cliff Road.
- Creating two townhomes along Cliff Road.
- Reducing the overall project density to 48 units.
- Increasing the Cliff Road landscape buffer and preserving an open space wetland buffer.
- Adding 170+ feet of setback for the proposed Manor building from Cliff Road.
This development is in the preliminary phase and may require zoning modifications based on the final design in order to move forward. Residents will have multiple opportunities to review this proposal, share concerns, and give feedback. For information about the Town process and permitting for this proposed development, please see the list of 489 Worcester Street Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
The Select Board office has created a notification list specifically for this project. Interested residents should subscribe to the 489 Worcester Street News Flash to receive emailed announcements, and frequently check this webpage for updated information.
The presentation documents below illustrate the project evolution.
- Potential 40R Timeline from Select Board Update December 5, 2023
- 489_PB slides Developer Update and addendum - November 20, 2023
- Developer Update to Planning Board - October 16, 2023
- Developer Presentation to Planning Board - July 24, 2023
- Town Slides - June 15, 2023 Neighborhood Meeting
- Development Team Slides - June 15, 2023 Neighborhood Meeting
- Select Board Presentation - May 2, 2023
- Landscape Presentation Slides
- Select Board update on potential 40R Town Meeting Timeline December 5, 2023
- Developer update to Planning Board, November 20, 2023
- Developer update to Planning Board, October 16, 2023
- Developer presentation to Planning Board, July 24, 2023
- Developer presentation to the community, June 15, 2023
- Presentation to Select Board, May 2, 2023
- Presentation to Housing Development Corporation, March 16, 2023 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>