Wellesley COVID-19 Call Center
NEW! Supporting Wellesley Call Center for Non-emergency Help
Wellesley residents in need of services due to COVID-19 can contact the Wellesley Call Center at 781- 239-0256, Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. Town employees can assist with non-emergency COVID-19 issues such as medical questions, securing food, prescription delivery, financial assistance, or a listening ear. Callers will be connected to appropriate town resources or certified volunteers who can help residents access these services.
Speak with a Social Worker
Call the Health Department on Tuesdays and Fridays and speak with Community Social Worker Joyce Saret. Call-in hours on Tuesday from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm and on Friday from 8:30 am-9:30 am. Dial 781-489-4354.
Joyce offers a supportive ear to discuss issues related to COVID-19 and tips for healthy coping during times of stress.
Information and Assistance
Get text updates about COVID-19 in Massachusetts sent to your phone by texting COVIDMA to 888-777
Massachusetts COVID-19 Information line - Call 2-1-1
MDPH 24- hour Emergency Hotline: 617-983-6800
FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1!
- COVID-19 Daily Briefings
- Wellesley Housing Authority
- Wellesley Free Libraries
- Health Department Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)
- Wellesley Police Department (non-emergency line 781-235-1212)
- Wellesley Public Schools
State and Federal Resources
- MDPH COVID-19 Dashboard
- MASS.gov COVID-19 information
- CDC website
- World Health Organization Coronavirus disease 2019
- COVID-19 Hospital Capacity and Surge Response
- Partners HealthCare Coronavirus Hotline: 617-724-7000
- Newton Wellesley Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess-Needham
- MetroWest Medical Center