Orders and Advisories
On May 18, 2020, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health updated its Stay at Home advisory to a Safer at Home advisory that encourages everyone to stay at home unless they are visiting a newly opened business or activity.
Mask and Face Coverings Order
UPDATED on May 5, 2020.
On May 1, 2020, Governor Baker issued an order requiring face coverings in public places where social distancing is not possible. This Executive Order is effective on May 6, 2020. This order applies to both indoor and outdoor spaces. Exceptions include children under the age of 2 and those unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition.
On May 4, 2020, the Wellesley Board of Health and the Board of Selectmen issued a Local Order regarding the wearing of face coverings in public in Wellesley that supplements the Governor’s May 1, 2020 order. The Wellesley order is also effective on Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
- Excecutive Order Requiring Face Coverings in Public Places (Effective May 6, 2020)
- Guidance on Wearing a Mask in Public (Massachusetts Department of Public Health)
- Supplemental Face Covering Order for Wellesley (Effective May 6, 2020)
Town of Wellesley
Read the Town of Wellesley orders and advisories in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Social and Physical Distancing Guidance
- Notification to Taxpayers
- New RDF Recycling Procedures
- New Building Department Inspection Protocols
- New Essential Construction Guidelines and Definitions
- New Guidelines for Landscape Contractors and Businesses
- Board of Health Order to Halt Interior Building Inspections
- NRC and Wellesley Police Department Order for Public Lands
- State Fire Marshall Licensing and Inspection Memo
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Read the emergency orders issued by the Commonwealth in response to the COVID-19 crisis, including:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts State of Emergency Order (March 10, 2020)
- Essential Services and Revised Gatherings Order (March 23. 2020)
- Extension of Non-Essential Services Order (March 31, 2020)
- Guidance on Essential Services List (updated April 14, 2020)
- Guidance on the Continuation of Ongoing Construction Projects
- Construction Enforcement Procedures (April 2, 2020)
- Guidance for Grocery Stores to Limit Occupancy (April 7, 2020)
Attorney General’s Office
- Guidance on Municipal Authority
- Frontlinema.org - website with resources and support messages for frontline workers