Orders and Advisories
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Read the emergency orders issued by the Commonwealth in response to the COVID-19 crisis, including:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts State of Emergency Order (March 10, 2020)
- COVID-19 Travel Order (August 1, 2020) See details below.
- Stay-at-Home Advisory (November 6, 2020)
- Mask and Face Coverings Order (Revised November 6, 2020)
- Phase 3, Step 1 Rollback Order (December 7, 2020)
- Further Revised COVID-19 Gatherings Order (December 13, 2020)
On August 1, 2020, a new Travel Order for Massachusetts went into effect and requires all visitors and residents returning to Massachusetts to comply with specific restrictions to continue to slow the spread of COVID-19. Individuals MUST:
- Complete the Massachusetts Travel Form prior to arrival, unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
Mask and Face Coverings Order
REVISED on November 6, 2020.
On May 1, 2020, Governor Baker issued an order requiring face coverings in public places where social distancing is not possible. This Executive Order was revised on November 6, 2020. This order applies to both indoor and outdoor spaces. Exceptions include children under the age of 2 and those unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition.
- Guidance on Wearing a Mask in Public (Massachusetts Department of Public Health)
- Supplemental (Local) Face Covering Order for Wellesley (Effective May 6, 2020)
Town of Wellesley
Read the Town of Wellesley orders and advisories in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Social and Physical Distancing Guidance
- Notification to Taxpayers
- New Building Department Inspection Protocols
- New Essential Construction Guidelines and Definitions
- New Guidelines for Landscape Contractors and Businesses
- Board of Health Order to Halt Interior Building Inspections
- NRC and Wellesley Police Department Order for Public Lands
- State Fire Marshall Licensing and Inspection Memo
- COVID-19 Safe Practices Concern Form - Use this form to report concerns about non-compliance with the Commonwealth's travel order quarantine, mask or face covering order, gathering, or other public health rules or advisories.
- Tips to Make COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Easier - Tips and scenarios to help individuals prepare for quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19.