The Selectmen’s Office supports the five-member Board of Selectmen. Key responsibilities include:
- implementing Town regulations and policies approved by the Board,
- developing long-term planning objectives and economic opportunities,
- providing management guidance and oversight to other Town departments, and collaborating with Town boards and committees,
- managing permits and licensing,
- representing and promoting the Town in civic, business and public functions.
The Office is responsible for Town-wide communications to help inform and promote citizen engagement, and oversees all website and social media content, media requests, community outreach and assistance.
All citizen concerns and inquiries are addressed and responded to in a timely manner. Information requests, suggestions, complaints, and requests for follow-up action may be emailed to the Selectmen’s Office or submitted using the online concern report.
In addition, the Office manages Wellesley’s participation in the Boston Athletic Association (B.A.A.) Cities and Towns Program, which provides annual invitational entries to the Boston Marathon.
Finally, the Selectmen’s Office pursues grant opportunities, coordinates Town volunteer opportunities, collaborates with State officials, legislators, neighboring towns and regional intergovernmental organizations, and coordinates the scheduling of Town Hall meetings and meeting rooms.
|Meghan C. Jop, Exec. Directoremail@example.com||2200|
|Amy Frigulietti, Assist. Exec. Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||2205|
|Cay Meagher, Exec. Assistantemail@example.com||2219|
|Stephanie Hawkinson, Communications Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org||2207|