The Committee's charge is to develop long-term goals and short term action plans for ensuring the safety of bicyclists in Wellesley.
The Committee’s work should:
- Include an inventory/assessment of current bike traffic routes and volumes;
- Suggest some alternative means by which the Town can effectively strive for continuous improvement in bicycle safety;
- Balance the interests of bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists, while recognizing public safety as the Town’s highest priority;
- Address all 5 E’s of bicycle safety, i.e., Evaluation and planning, Engineering, Education, Enforcement and Encouragement; and,
- Be coordinated with the Department of Public Works’ 5 Year Capital Plan for roads and sidewalks and the Town’s other traffic, transportation, pedestrian and trails initiatives.