SPECIAL ACT AND TBL ARTICLE 19 and 20 as passed at STM LOCATED HERE
(Also Draft Motions for other actions not taken up at November/December 2015 STM)
SPECIAL TOWN MEETING - FEBRUARY 1 - Expected to complete TBL amendments to implement Special Act
The Town Government Study Committee was established by the 2014 Annual Town Meeting and is charged to study and make findings and recommendations on:
- The existing structure of town government to determine whether it is best suited to the Town's current and future needs;
- The role and authority of the Executive Director of Governmental Services as well as alternative management models;
- The number, composition and role of the various elected and appointed boards and committees;
- The potential consolidation, centralization and other changes to the functions and responsibilities of various Town departments;
- The optimal number of Town Meeting Members;
- The number and scope of Town Meetings, as well as the timing of the Annual Town Meeting and the Town elections: and
- Any other topic related to Town government that the Committee deems appropriate.
The Committee's nine (9) members are appointed by the Moderator.
All Meetings are open to the public. The Committee generally meets on the first and third Tuesdays or Wednesdays of each month. See Town Calendar for posted meetings.
The Wellesley Media Channel records most meetings and archives past meetings on its site. See button on front page to access Cable streaming library of the meetings.