For election results see Elections Archive tab to the left.
Election dates in 2016:
- November 8 State Election- President and other federal, state and county offices and ballot questions.
- ABSENTEE VOTING - A registered voter must qualify as being out of town or physically unable to go to polls on November 8 for traditional absentee voting. Absentee requests may be filed by mail or in person at the clerks office. Deadline to file absentee requests is NOON November 7. Voters may file a request at any time prior to the election and ballots will be issued when they become available, approximately October 1.
- EARLY VOTING - This is a NEW opportunity for all voters to cast their ballot in advance of election day.
- The early voting period begins on October 24 until November 4.
- Any registered voter may vote during that period. No limitations on the reason to early vote.
- In Wellesley EARLY VOTING will be at the WARREN RECREATION BUILDING 90 Washington St. .
- POLL HOURS on November 8 at all regular polling locations will be 7:00 am - 8:00 pm.
NEW Voting Equipment - 2016 Elections
- Please fill in the oval on the ballot to select your candidates.
- Feed the ballot into the tabulator
- Wait for the message that your ballot has been cast.
It is the mission of the office of the Town Clerk to be a primary provider of information and quality services to the community and to work cooperatively and in coordination with the varied departments and groups while performing a myriad of tasks to achieve established goals and comply with state and local statutes
The Wellesley Town Clerk serves the residents of Wellesley through its function as official record keeper for Town Meeting and Vital Records and the Administration of Elections and voter related activities.
Records found in this office are: Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses; Zoning Decisions; Town Meeting Records; Annual Town Reports and Special Reports to Town Meeting; records of elections and lists of those who have served the town of Wellesley in elective or appointive office.
This office issues a number of licenses: marriage licenses, dog licenses, DBA Certificates, raffles and bazaars permits.
The Town Clerk maintains records of amendments to the Town By-Law, and Zoning By-Law and references to accepted State Statutes.
This office accepts the required postings for all public meetings and maintains the public meetings calendar.
The Town Clerk conducts the Annual Census and maintains the voter lists. The department conducts all Federal, State and Local elections.
The office attempts to respond efficiently, accurately and speedily to all requests by Town Officials, Boards and members of the public.
The Town Clerk's office welcomes inquiries seeking assistance/information in relation to services provided by the Town of Wellesley. The staff will assist in redirecting your questions to the appropriate department.
The Town Clerk is elected for a three year term and receives a salary.
(Passport applications no longer accepted at the town offices (3/30/15). Please contact the post office for passport services)